Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Aquafina Egypt is from the tap water too

Of course you heard the news saying that Aquafina, the mineral water of Pepsi is not mineral after all , it is regular normal water from the tap , this is in America folks not in Egypt Thinking

The news found its way to Egypt and now the General attorney decided to investigate their water source in Egypt ,well it turned out that it is not different from their in America , again tap water , ironically I like this water brand

This did not stop here , it turned out that the company is collecting back thousands of the water bottles back to factory in a very rare move in Egypt

Anyhow the big surprise in Egypt now is that "Nestle" company is also using tap water Surprise yes it turned out they are going to mention their source too , anyone lives in Egypt will know how popular Nestle water in it , it is like Evian , oh man I saw Dr.Mustafa Mahmoud himself from two years ago in Metro market "at Gamat El-Doul"buying more than six bottles from this water brand !! Man when our water filter was broken we were living on it !!

To be honest there is no mineral water in Egypt ,but there is ground water and seriously I don't know which company produces real mineral or even real purified groundwater , already here is a list for the so-called mineral water in Egypt , I tried most of them and I know damn sure that they don't taste like Evian "I tried it" ,of course Avian is much expensive than any national brand ,it is something logic !!

Seriously nothing better then drinking from the Nile water , of course after being purified and more important when it is available

Source from Al-Ahram Daily official newspaper and further information at Filbalad.com

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know that - thanks. My kids usually tell me about what's the best water, etc.

    Most mineral waters sold now are just purified tap water - everywhere (so I've been told, by the kids and news). Unless you buy something unique and original (like one of the forerunners -Evian, Appolinaris, etc) then you have to look at the label to see who's providing the poison you drink. We get Nestle for everyday drinking, but I do prefer the more expensive brands, when I can get them back in the States. Besides, the tap water where I live actually tastes pretty good.

    No one's to be trusted when it comes to what you put into your body anymore, and frankly, I've given up on it all. Organic food doesn't contain chemicals, but it does contain other crap (take that literally), or you can eat food with chemicals, or tainted food from China, or any number of other choices that can make you sick too. Or if your baby is on bottled milk, you can poison him / her with the chemicals in the bottle now.

    Drinking and eating has become a crapshoot these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no surprise there zeinobia..these companies claim that their proprietary filter combinations when refining the "tap water" is what they are selling...thats why you like aquafina the reason being you like pepsi's filter and thats how they sell it........I my self am an evian snob the only water I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vagabond,you are right even that Organic food ,seriously who knows what is in our food these days , from couple of weeks when I went to the doctor I was surprised when he warned from almost every thing in Egypt

    @Zerocool,believe me I began to doubt that they refine it in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post inspired me to invest in Egypt. I will make a water company and bottle the tap water. I still have my apartment in Alexandria and paying its utilities. I will call my company " NILA water "since the water I will use is coming from the Nile and the brand motto will be " Drink Nila or Gatak Nila"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 be honest..I've never been as sick as I was from the water in Egypt last year...On previous visits I drank tap water and was fine but 2005-2006...yes Zeinobia..even the fancy schmancy bottled water they bought 4 me when I was in the middle of nowhere farm country had me running 2 the bathroom..on the plus side I lost about 13 kg...bonus 4 a girl trying 2 stay slim...but it definitely isn't a good dieting technique..I made the severe error of drinking filtered tap water...I have never been so violently ill in my life...everything inside of me found a way 2 get out and it wasn't pleasant...so what happened...I'm thinking that the filtration plants are not what they used 2 be in Egypt..true people have died from E. Coli found in water here in N. America..but 4 the most part...it's safe 2 drink even if it tastes like chlorine...but even here...it's probably best 2 just boil it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya that is very true about USA. Two days ago the main news channel announce at 6 am and kept repeating it every hour to not drinking tap water because it is infected and they suggested to boil the water before drinking or cooking. Oh man, infected water in Egypt and infected water in America. I am not gonna drink water at all. I will substitute it with eating more Batteekh. At least no one announced yet that the Batteekh is contaminated. Hope the risk of using the water is only for infection not also contact because I cant take my shower with Batteekh

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dr SR,this is a good project

    @N.American princess , you will be surprised to know that blowing the water even from the filters was the advice of Jihan El-Sadaat ,the former first lady
    the filteration and purification of the water now in Egypt is terrible , it is among the weak infrastructure , there is no periodic inspection , there is improvement what so ever , thanks to the corruption

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nile water comes from africa - where people wash themlves, shit and piss in the nile... talk about recycling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.