Sunday, August 12, 2007

Just curious things about the youngest mother in Egypt

"I had written most of this post before the trial began"

Look there is one thing that I did not get it very well ,something I did not swallow easily but I kept it because I felt that it is nothing compared to the human tragedy presented in Hend and her little daughter

Hend seems so sharp to me more than her age , not only me noticed that by also my aunt who was from the first people to see the video I posted here , when the girl spoke about her rape in a very calm way

she said :

"This is one sharp country side girl"

I did not think much about this back then , but then dear "Waguih" said the same remark about her sharpness

I don't know may be if we consider that she is from the very low class that lives in one room with her family in very poor neighborhood then we can understand  that her sexual culture can be more advanced than the other girls in her age in other societies and this is well known and proved by social studies ,one of them I read in one of the Egyptian blogs about homosexuality and sexual abuse and how it is popular in that class

Also we should not forget that usually in country side girls got married in young age starting in 15 or 16 years old and sometimes younger thanks to the age changing game in the marriage contracts

but what made me wonder is that the girl seemed on TV at ease when she spoke about her terrible experience I mean according to studies I found on the Internet children and girls who were sexually abused usually find it very hard to speak about their experience in public,already usually their behavior changes to be more aggressive and they tend to be more introvert especially if they are keeping as a secret like in the case of Hend 

Anyhow I didn't stand wondering a lot because the incident is too great and shocking yet again I return to wonder when I read back the first article that exposed the whole matter in Al-Wafad daily archives in the edition of the 12th of July 2007

There is a contradiction between what is said by the girl in the newspaper and what she said in the TV shows I am afraid

First of all according to the Journalist Mamdouh Hassan who wrote the article , the girl was on her way to the youth club to get her younger brother when she was kidnapped , that happened during night when there is complete darkness in the area that lacks to lights

on the other hand she said that she was kidnapped afternoon at 2 PM in the TV Show, I don't think there darkness at 2 PM

Second in the newspaper according to her he threatened if she told anyone especially her poor family other wise he would use his rich family influence

On the other hand she said that he threatened her to kill her in front of the school as he is a "tuk-tuk" driver,she did not mention any family influence in the TV Show

These contradictions may be nothing and can be the journalist's mistakes yet the defense of the accused can use it in his sake ,I know I should not be skeptical

but again I remember something and I post it here too as an update to the case that seemed to be revealing more shocks

Last night on the national TV Hend ,her family and the family of the accused were guests in Rola Kharsa's TV "The Story and what is in it " stupid name I know ,I really respect Rola despite I hate her husband ,she is an excellent reporter , anyhow I found out more astonishing contradictions "I wrote last Thursday"

  • Hend's father who said that he does not want his daughter to marry the rapist turned out that he suggested that his daughter marries the rapist after knowing the pregnancy from 5 months ago but the rapist and his family refused , ok the justification : May be the father feared the scandal and thus used the stupid custom of making the girl married the boy
  • It turns out in the initial Police report Hend Said that she was raped by four including Mohamed Samy , then she said that afterwards in the new report he was one and the three were his friends whom she also did not accurately say where she met and saw them , once she said that they were in the same house she was taken to and in yesterday's TV Show she said she met afterwards outside the youth club where they made fun of her and told her that "are not you the girl that Mohamed did .........??"
  • At first she said that she did not know the man and that she identified him in the police station through the photos, while in yesterday she said that he told her his name , despite when Rola asked her I felt that she did not give a direct answer after couple of seconds saying he told her his name after the rape as "Mohamed Samy" , the thing that I don't understand at all , why would he tell her his full name after the rape?? especially in the same interview she said that he did not speak with her except ordering her to move or to be killed and again when he warn her from opening her mouth !!?

Of course this is nothing compared to the big surprise that the baby turned not to the be the daughter of the rapist 

Look I feel so sad for the little girl and sadder for the baby , but logic must be used if we want justice

"Updated at 26th of July 2007"

In the end I think that the little girl whose age till now we do not know for certain did something wrong and is scared to say so ,especially from her father

Already her father was a main suspect for the abuse crime , it is very common in the low class ,especially nowadays unfortnately with the spread of drugs, anyhow it turned out the father was in jail during that time , no one said for what charge exactly

But after watching him in the TV, I believe she could be afraid from saying the truth but now it seems with the media out there and the findings of the forensics,her situation will be much worse

3 comments:

  1. Zeinobia; while I sympathize with your great effort explaining the different angles of the story I resent your description of the girl and her family as belonging to “low class”. You may refer to her/them as ‘low income’,’ poor’ but don’t define that as “class”. A filthy rich who commits a rape, politician who steal from you and me are low class. I am sorry but I feel blindly repeating these expressions we program our mind in thinking this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious to find out who the father of this baby is.

    Also, maybe she was out at night and they decided to change the story. What parent lets their 11 year old daughter wander the streets alone at night? (If that's when it really happened.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous , I did not use the word poor because I do not like to use the word poor and rich for the same reason you mentioned , I respect all classes and humans , when I use these expressions I am using the expressions socially we classify the society with

    @vagabond , me too , in fact all Egypt wants to know who is the father , about the night well do not ask me ,already it turned out the girl changed her statement several times

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.