Thursday, December 18, 2008

This Is Not Love

There is huge a debate online and offline now about the essay a 7 Youm journalist wrote . despite being a Muslim girl ,Dina Abd El-Alim fall in love with 3 different Christina Young men in 4 years  and Dina is sharing her experience!!

You can imagine the debate currently  in the Egyptian cyberspace and press. Of course You should know that Muslims women are prohibited to marry men from other religions.

I am not here to discuss religious stuff and rules but I want to say something ,what kind of love is this in 4 years for 3 different men ?? Even if they were Muslims !!?? This is too much !!

I do not know if I can call this love in the first place , may be I am not romantic , but this sounds to me like more of teenage feelings despite in teenage you can find the love of your love but 3 different men in 4 years !!

I am saying this because I met and knew those types of girls who are always ready to fall in love with boys they meet in college and school including one of my best friends .

Anyhow Dina is bold to speak about her experience and I respect her for that but to tell you the truth I do not think that the interracial or interfaith marriage between Muslims and Christians will solve the tensions. In 1940s Egypt was a real cosmopolitan country you never heard these calls of letting Muslim women marry Christian or Jew men but there was real social peace , there was “Hassan ,Marques and Cohen” hand in hand.

This is what I think about this the debate regarding the interfaith marriage and the calls for civilian marriages.

7 comments:

  1. I think she is unstable young girl seeking a propaganda. Eventhough, she had no drive to love all these males in short time. I revised the collection of short stories of Mr Ehsan Abde Qudus yesterday. حلئر بين الحلال و الحرام
    I found all characters in his short stories has a case , ideas, something to express and fight. But this girl has nothing. it is not love at all. it is not problem in her faith or thinking at all. The journals needs anything to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sonnet, I did not read that collection for Mr.Abdel Kudus but I am sure it has a cause to fight for just like the rest of his novels.
    About Ms.Dina, well I do not know if she is unstable or not but for sure during that time she is not mature enough to know the meaning of real love
    I know that her newspaper is seeking lots of publicity right now as a new weekly in the market
    Unfortunately they are playing with fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you judge what love means to somebody else?

    "I do not know if I can call this love in the first place,...I am saying this because I met and knew those types of girls..."

    Maybe she is not mature and maybe it is not what you would call love, but anyway love is something one learns. To be honest, I find you jugemental and arrogant concerning other people's emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous , well it is my personal blog all what I see here is mostly biased and judgmental !! My dear Mrs.Dina knew very well that she will be judged when she published this in a public newspaper
    still I am not arrogant against people's emotion but I just know that love is not a game and you can't forget your lover that easily if you truly fall in love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well somehow I think the question is what is true love? It's not the same for everybody and the needs of love might change over time for a person. I just think she might have been truly in love with all of them, even if that does not apply to your or my definition of true love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall an American who visited Egypt in the 40s and met and married a beautiful Egyptian woman. They raised a family, enjoyed a wonderful life and were parted after 55 years only by death. That is love and morality. Multiple partners is nothing but self gratification and fundamentally immoral. I may sound like an old prude but I too have a wife of more than 50 years that I truly love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @anonymous , I do not know but all people agree true love or the only love or rather the one is the one love of your life , may be as you said found something in them she liked or loved ,a thing not a while

    @misrscribe, mashallah, let's touch wood ,this is the true love I believe the one you love and spend your life with till death ,still I am afraid it is rare now but we should not lose hope :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.