Monday, July 30, 2007

Save the river Nile

We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children

A Native American proverb

On Friday the 13th of July ,I went on a walk early in the morning then in a small tour in the car just before the prayer

And I stopped to take some perfect shots to the Nile and the other side of Cairo countering the Zamalak Island from the Nile City towers side , it looked so great the two giant towers from one side and the wonderful old Imbaba bridge

Yet I was shocked when I found the garbage in the Nile along to the shore and its water floating , it was surprising , here I was standing in Zamalak , a high class area , or may be it is used to be high class area , the location were I was standing was just near the Bulgarian Embassy or Ambassador house ,you know the villa , the Spanish casa style

Anyhow beside taking photos for the beautiful scene I insisted on taking several shots to see the level of disrespect to the Nile ,the river which we were blessed to have ,I mean I found empty bottles, Macdonald's empty packs , soft drink cans and other stuff I can't image it .

It will make you sad because it spoils the scene , I mean can't that person with an empty water bottle wait for just a while till he or she finds a trash bin some where !!??

I think we all must do something regarding this problem ,as bloggers at least ,if we became that powerful that now the government is plotting against us then why do  not we spot light this problem , at least the small part of it , I know very well the huge part is the wastes of the factories ,restaurants and hotels , but let's go for the small part concerning the people's behavior towards the Nile  because this can be changed more easily

Dear Bloggers in Cairo and in the river Nile , take your camera with you and bring proof on how we destroy the inheritance we are leaving to our Children !!

Strangely people day and night boast of their religious believes forgetting that  cleanliness  is from the faith !!

I leave you with the photos and tell me what do you think ??Sick

 A Scene from the Nile Shore in Zamalak

More and more disrespect to Nature

aggression on the Nile

More and more disrespect to Nature

5 comments:

  1. I am aghast by the vile sight so sad and disgusting. But in all fairness the Megalopolis I grew up in NYC was just as disgusting maybe even worse a little less than a decade ago. The East river/ Hudson were a vile stew teaming with water rats, garbage, and chemicals. These things take time, I hope your local municipality listens in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our local municipality does not listen and won't listen believe me they know all about and are doing noting !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened to compare something today as I was in the shower. In Egypt as we all know the water pipe that enters your home is 3/4 inch and the drian in 2". Here in the States the width of the water pipe is 1/2 inch and the drain's is one inch. It is calculated that you stayed in the tub not more than 10 minutes and the tub will be full of dirty water even if the drain is clear, so you have to finish your shower. I remember I was complaining and calling the maintenence every other day when I was new here and every time they chick the system up and it is clear. I just got used to the luxury in Egypt of staying in the shower for half an hour while a huge amount of water was dropping on me.I hope they consider cost effectiveness in the future when they renew the system. My last word is the same word that 30kal said " 7amout warga3"

    ReplyDelete
  4. its illegal to take photos of garbage in Egypt

    Take care
    I really find your blog intresting, well done and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks anonymous for the warning but is n't throwing garbage in the Nile more illegal !!??

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.